Contact Information

Defiance County Dog Warden
500 Court Street, Suite D
Defiance, OH 43512

Randy W. Vogel, Dog Warden

P: (419) 784-2335
F: (419) 784-3268

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Frequently Asked Questions

What to do about dog bites?
All bites must be reported to the Defiance County Health Department.

What do I do if my dog is missing?
Contact the Defiance County Dog Warden's office (419.784.2335) to report your dog missing. It may help with identification if you have a record of your dogs tag number. You might also call the Fort Defiance Humane Society (419.658.2298) to see if any dogs matching your dog's description have been found.

What should I do if I find a lost dog?
It helps the Dog Warden if you can confine the dog until he arrives to pick it up. If you can't confine the dog, or if the dog is not friendly, call the office with a description and location of the dog.

What happens if my dog is picked up by the Dog Warden?
As long as your dog has not bitten anyone while it was running at large, the dog can be reclaimed at the Fort Defiance Humane Society the same day for a fee of $45.00 and $10.00 for each additional day.

Defiance County prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation or political beliefs. Defiance County is also an equal opportunity employer.

Site Developed by Theano Point.