Contact Information

Defiance County Treasurer
500 W Second St
Suite 101
P.O. Box 278
Defiance, Ohio 43512

Vickie S. Myers, Treasurer
Connie French, Chief Deputy Treasurer
Amy Jurcevich, Deputy Treasurer
Amanda Morris, Deputy Treasurer

P: (419) 782-8741
F: (419) 782-4719

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM

Frequently Asked Questions

How much are my taxes?
Call (419) 782-8741 or go to Auditor's Real Estate Search page.

When are taxes due?
Taxes for the calendar year of 2016 are due February 3, 2017 and July 20, 2017.

What should I do if I did not receive a tax bill?
You need to obtain a duplicate tax bill. Call (419) 782-8741.

Can I write a personal check for payment of taxes?
Yes, make checks payable to Vickie S. Myers, Defiance County Treasurer.

Can I get a paid receipt for taxes sent by mail?
Yes, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with the entire bill and your payment.

Have my taxes been paid?
Call (419) 782-8741 or go to Auditor's Real Estate Search page.

What is the tax rate for my taxing district?
See the Tax Rate sheet on the Tax Collections page.

Can taxes be paid in advance?
Yes, taxes can be pre-paid on a monthly basis using our Escrow Program (also known as the Tax Installment Payment Plan). You may call or stop by the office to start this program. You may also download, complete and return the necessary form. If you wish to have it automatically withdrawn from your bank account, use the Auto-Withdraw Escrow Form. If you prefer to mail in your monthly check with a coupon, use the Manual Escrow Form. Please call our office if you have any questions.

Do you accept credit cards?
We accept credit card payments through a third party. The taxpayer makes these payments by telephone or the Internet with a fee being charged to the taxpayer.

Do you have automatic payment deduction?
Yes, call (419) 782-8741 and ask for an automatic payment contract. You can do this monthly or semi-annually.

How do I make an address change with your office?
Please mail the address change including your name as it appears on your tax bill and your parcel number to:
Defiance County Treasurer
500 West Second St
Suite 101
PO Box 278
Defiance, Ohio 43512

Where do my taxes go, who receives the money?
Call (419) 782-8741 or see the Real Estate Tax information on the Tax Collections page.

Can I appeal the penalty amount?
Yes, you will need to file a penalty remission form with the Treasurer. Call (419) 782-8741 for information.

Can I appeal the value of my property?
You have the right to file a complaint with the Board of Revision by March 31st. Complaints are handled through the Auditor's Office.

What if my taxes are delinquent?
You should contact the Treasurer's office immediately. A payment program is available for you. Taxes that are two or more years delinquent will be certified to the Prosecutor for Tax Foreclosure.

Do you have a payment drop box?
Yes, just off of First Street, in the alley between the post office and Key Bank.

Defiance County prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation or political beliefs. Defiance County is also an equal opportunity employer.

Site Developed by Theano Point.