DEFIANCE COUNTY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time position subject to a six-month probationary period.
LOCATION: Defiance Soil & Water Conservation District, 06879 Evansport Road, Suite C, Defiance, Ohio 43512.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plan and conduct the youth education program of the Defiance Soil and Water Conservation District through classroom presentations, outdoor programs, and electronic media.
· Establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with all local school systems, educators, and partnering organizations.
· Develop, organize, and conduct teacher workshops and in-service training to educate teachers on natural resource conservation and agriculture-related topics.
· Develop classroom Conservation Education Toolkits with activities and materials pertaining to recycling, pollinators, soil health, water quality, wildlife, and other pertinent conservation topics.
· Expand current education program and implement new programs, especially at the District’s Penney Nature Center, with approval and guidance of the District Administrator and the Board of Supervisors.
· Apply for education program mini-grants and request sponsorship for programs and events.
· Develop a robust public outreach and marketing program promoting the District and our mission of natural resource conservation. This will include the preparation of a semi-annual Educator Newsletter and assisting with preparation of the District’s Conservation News newsletter in addition to radio spots, newspaper articles, promotional displays, and television broadcasts.
· Conduct presentations on conservation issues, District functions, and local projects to service groups, clubs, units of government, and various conservation groups.
· Photo-document programs and accomplishments as well as maintain and organize the District’s photographs for use in displays, slide shows, social media, news articles, etc.
· Maintain detailed records of time utilization, presentations completed, number of participants, and presentation evaluations. In addition, Coordinator will be responsible for report preparation of these records.
· Perform other related duties as needed and requested by the District Administrator.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: (Training in some aspects may be made available to individual.)
· Ability to manage and organize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, manage time, and ensure high quality of work.
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug test.
HOURS OF WORK: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday with occasional evening or weekend work required.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience. Pay range from $15.00 to $18.00 per hour. Benefits include sick leave, vacation leave, and Public Employee Retirement System (PERS). Health insurance is available to full-time employees.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: All SWCD programs and services are offered on a nondiscrimination basis without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, marital or family status, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs.
APPLICATION: Must receive by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, August 20, 2018. Please send cover letter, resume, and Defiance SWCD Job Application to address below. Job application can be downloaded from our website at: www.defianceSWCD.org.
Attn: Jason Roehrig
06879 Evansport Road, Suite C
Defiance, Ohio 43512
Or Email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call 419-782-1794 with any questions. Applicants will be notified for an interview. Please indicate telephone hours available for follow-up contact.
The Board of Commissioners of Defiance County is accepting applications for the position of part-time Meals on Wheels delivery driver at Defiance County Senior Services. This position requires transporting Defiance County Senior Services meals Monday through Friday, approximately 5 ˝ hours per day. This position will primarily be throughout Defiance County. Applicants must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license, proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record. Starting pay is $9.60 per hour.
Applications are available at both Defiance County Senior Services locations – 140 East Broadway Street in Defiance and 708 East High Street in Hicksville. Applications are also online at www.defiance-county.com.
Applications will be accepted until job position is filled.
Please submit completed applications to:
Tina Hiler, Director
Defiance County Senior Services
140 East Broadway, Defiance, Ohio 43512.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
For job opportunities with the Defiance County Engineer’s Office, please click the link below.