Defiance County Wastewater Operations
The Defiance County Wastewater Operations office oversees the operation of numerous wastewater collection and treatment facilities within Defiance County. There are approximately 800 households served.
The Defiance County Wastewater Operations Office also oversees the following operations:
- Billing Office (billing, collection, and accounting)
- Sampling program
- Data collection and reporting
- General office operation
- Contract operations of Paulding County collection system
The Collection System of Defiance County currently consists of the following:
- 98,000 feet of sanitary sewers, forcemain, and small diameter pipe
- 15 main pumpstations
- 64 grinder pump units
- Approximately 275 manholes
The Treatment System of Defiance County currently consists of the following:
- 4 wastewater treatment plants, designed to treat 296,000 gallons per day (components include: trash traps, barscreens, comminutors, secondary aeration and clarifier tanks, rotary blowers, sludge digesters, sandfilters, disinfection facilities, flow monitoring, and lagoons)
Defiance County has passed new Sewer Rules and Regulations. Click here to view or print.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender. Read the full USDA Nondiscrimination statement.